- Squad Five was joined by Ketsui’s squad in order to take down a tyrannical Lord who employed demons to keep control. They were to assassinate the Lord in order to allow Lord Shinamori, a friend of the Shattered Sky, to regain control.
- The assault on the castle was complicated by the presence of the Hatred Uchihas and tons of peasants. Arashi fought the Uchihas while Squad Five made quick work of the peasants with genjutsu, extravagant explosions and, of course, epic decapitation taijutsu. While Arashi fought, he implored that the rest of the squad go on into the palace to defeat the Lord before he escaped. They did.
Begin, Yu Yu Hakusho style fights!
- On the first floor, the squad encounters a samurai imbued with Hatred. Yasei takes on the samurai while her squadmates continue upwards. Its pretty rough, but before she could be knocked unconscious, she unlocks the next stage in her new sword technique and chops that mother in half.
- On the second floor, Kai and Takara encounter a lazy woman sitting on a chair in a room full of artwork. Takara takes on this fight while Kai ascends. The woman kicks herself around on her chair while flinging ink bullets at Takara, who becomes increasingly frustrated with her opponent. In a moment of desperation, she allows the demon inside of her to help briefly, but is taken over and can do nothing but wait until it gives back her body.
- Meanwhile, Yasei has defeated the samurai and limps up the staircase to assist her friends. She is startled to find the second floor an utter mess with blood coating the walls and claw marks etched in the floors. The head of the woman rolls by her feet and it is clear that she had gouged her own eyes out before her head had been detached. Yasei looks on in horror as a man with black hair and a spear saunters over to her, leans down to eye-level and pokes her forehead. “Boop.” Yasei instantly passes out from the fear; when she wakes, she feels as though he put something inside of her. When Takara wakes up, she denies knowledge of anything happening, much to Yasei’s utter disbelief.
- On the third floor, Kai comes across a fat man sitting sadly at a table. Kai initiates combat by accusing him of being a bitch and summoning Wuko to assist. They fling explosives at him, but every time he eats the surrounding tables, he seems to recover. Finally, Kai destroys the tables and confirmed a bluff to convince the man that a string of explosive tags was spaghetti. Once he eats them, Kai kais and is joined by Yasei and Takara as the man is defeated.
Lord: “Oh, you’ve defeated the underlings.”
Kai: “If that’s what you’d call them.”
Lord: “But…that’s what they were…”
- The squad reaches the final floor, in which they encounter the Lord with four spectral figures chained to him. He offers them power, but it is refused. As combat initiates, the ancestral horse of the ultimate badass, Bissemonton, just walks the fuck out of Takara’s body. As Kai and Yasei go to fight the four on chains, Takara flies in the air on the horse. Heads splode, genjutsu is cast, and eventually the Lord is tag teamed and burninated on his own throne.
- Immediately afterwards, Takara is taken over by the demon inside of her and he takes the Lord’s essence for himself. She begins to leave and a confused Kai and Yasei call Arashi for help. Arashi teleports in, also very confused, and knocks Takara out. The demon, calling itself a King, projected itself out of Takara and began saying that he wanted to know everything about this modern world. He was convinced to come back to the Shattered Sky to discuss things with Saigo and also help Arashi defeat the Hatred Uchihas.
- By the time we get back, there are 9 months until the Chuunin exams. Also, Ketsui and Arashi have a test tube baby which is cool.
- Suzume, injured in the fight with the Hatred-imbued Uchiha, remains unconscious after months of unsuccessful recovery efforts while Takara is busy being possessed and all that jazz.
And we’re caught up! Woot!